Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween 2022

I'm not a spider lover, but these googly-eyed ones aren't that scary and I thought they would be good for Halloween cards for our grandsons.  The fun part of these cards is that they are almost completely made from scraps.  



McDonalds brought back their Halloween Happy Meal buckets this month and I did snag two of the three.  Rachel noted that she heard a lot of people were disappointed that they didn't have lids like the originals, just that bar across the handle representing the top of the pumpkin.  I was disappointed in that the faces, there were 3 on each pumpkin, were cock-eyed.  Sometimes less is better.  If they only had two, they could have been centered evenly on either side of the handle.  


I think you can see more clearly what I mean with this one.  Kind of odd.  But I'm sure they sold a ton.


This pumpkin was another blow up one along the main drag in Cape May (near the cat from a couple of posts ago).


And I got permission from my cousin Janis to share this picture she took of her three dogs all dressed up for Halloween in front of her beautifully decorated landscaping.  


As I was putting this post together yesterday I was thinking back to waking up 10 years ago to no power after Superstorm Sandy hit New Jersey.  Although we didn't have any property damage aside from a tree down up the hill, we were without power and running water for 13 days.  Your house will retain heat for only so long once the temperatures drop and that's what happened when there was a cold snap right after the storm.  Our gas generator provided some electricity to keep a small portable heater going and I remember taking these large rocks from our yard and heating them on the heater so we could put them in our bed to warm it up.  I still have those rocks under our bed.


I doubt that we'll be getting any trick-or-treaters here and it's supposed to rain later, but I hope that everyone enjoys their Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Extremely cute cards. I wouldn't worry about Trick or Treaters. It seems they trunk or truck a lot the previous week now. Maybe making up for the last 2 years? Poor kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think McD's would take a little more care with what they produce. If they're that bad with Halloween pails, what must they do with their food (I don't want to know!).
    Saw an idea the other day for a good hint for power outages....get a small cheap tent and line it with blankets to sleep in - body heat will help keep it (and you) warm. Cheap insurance to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.