Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Jingle Belles - I'm Dreaming of a Pink Christmas (and a Little Pink Halloween Project)

Pinktober has come around again and the Jingle Belles have tasked us to put the pink in our creations.  I dug into my stash of papers and found this pink and green paper that I thought would make a good background for a few of my new die cuts.  The flower is a Hellebore or Christmas Rose - a Susan's Garden die from Spellbinders.  The die cut sentiment is from The Greetery.  And the green and white panel is another Spellbinders die.  


Our lovely hostesses Steph and Lauren will each be making a $2 donation to breast cancer research for each card entered in this challenge.  Aren't they awesome!  You can check out their beautiful cards along with all the others entered by clicking  here.



While we were in Delaware a couple of weeks ago I found this macrame feather kit at the Dollar Tree there.  I had an idea that this would work nicely with another Pinktober project I had in mind.


The instructions were quite clear and this went quickly.  Took me back to the 80's when macrame was all the rage and we were making plant hangers and bracelets.  I still have this owl hanging in my laundry room (please excuse the dust - the laundry room definitely needs a good cleaning this fall).


I used my little clipboard made by my blogging buddy Sabrina to hold onto the center cords.


It's just simply alternating left and right with adding the cords.


Once you get about 5 inches done you unravel the cords and trim them to form the feather/leaf shape.


These items (a square scarf and some mesh cording), plus a roll of toilet paper........


 Made a cute little breast cancer awareness pumpkin.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, missus what a BEAUTIFUL card in every way and a brilliant take on PINK CHRISTMAS! I adore the pumpkin and it's fabulous macrame feather/leaf. (our next playdate might need to be KNOTTY lol!) Thanks for helping us raise money for the BCRF at Jingle Belles! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I've been seeing more macrame 'round and about the internet and had seen these leaves somewhere in my travels. I didn't much care for macrame on the first go-round years ago but some of the newer projects are more interesting. Or could it be that my tastes have changed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, your pink and green card is just beautiful!! I love the die cut "Joy", so pretty. Great job Lorraine! Your Halloween pumpkin is also awesome! Love the Macrame feather, very pretty!
    Sunshine,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is beautiful. We always had hellebore in the garden when I was growing up. Great work with the macramé, something I've been trying to get DH to take an interest in.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.