Monday, October 24, 2022

Another $Tree Pumpkin Project

I cannot take full credit for this project as I saw it somewhere recently, but I had a few of the ingredients already on hand and only needed to pick up one or two things more from Dollar Tree.


I actually had the plain white styrofoam pumpkin on hand and some of the roping.  You could use a pumpkin of any color for this though as you will be covering it up.  Using hot glue, you glue lengths of the various ropes over the outside of the pumpkin.  I started with the thickest rope first and gradually added the thinner ones.  The last one that I used was a neutral colored net tubing which I could squeeze into the tiny crevasses that were left from the thicker cords.
 

I initially left the styrofoam stem in place as a placeholder.  HWNSNBP had a small length of 3/4" doweling that I covered with the tubing and used in place of the styrofoam stem that I scraped off the top.  I had some wired jute that worked perfectly for tendrils.  I added some neutral colored berries and a flower and leaves to the top also.  The smaller pumpkin was a plain burlap one also from $Tree to which I also added some berries and leaves.



The first picture with the ingredients also shows some plaid bows, but I wound up not using them on these.  I'll have to find another project to use them on.  I'm loving the texture on these.  Particularly that thick marine roping.  I've got some other projects in mind for the leftovers, but not necessarily for Fall.

5 comments:

  1. These look like they would be fun to make. Alas I don't decorate for Halloween anymore - no place to store the decorations off season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how that pumpkin turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pumpkin is amazing!! Love the effect of the different ropes.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.