Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Jingle Belles - Winter Grays

This fortnight our lovely Jingle Belle hostesses have given us a photo inspiration challenge and they've asked us to stay true to the color palette of gray (or silver), pink, and ivory (or white).  This is a gorgeous tray of cookies and there is a lot of inspiration there.  



My card is not photographing too well this evening - it's hard to get the true colors, but the card base is light gray and I've used a shiny silver washy tape at the top and bottom with a dark pink glitter washy tape over that.  The giant pink rickrack was a die cut I haven't used in ages.... probably a decade.  I was even surprised that I remembered I had it.  In the center is a strip of pewter washy tape.  And the dark pink die cut tree is centered on a dark pewter glitter tag I had gotten at IKEA a couple years back.  The little bow on the tree was a giveaway (along with 4 other colors) from a stamp order I had recently received.  


The gray is a little more truer to life below, but the pink is off.  Oh well, I tried.  Not sure I'm feeling the love for this card as it is right now.  


Okay, now I'll be heading over to the Jingle Belles blog to check out all the other winter grays.  You can join me by clicking here.  

3 comments:

  1. well i personally think it's a fabulous make and a great combination of elements as well as a wonderful take on the color palette. so i'm kinda thinking the lack of love is only on your part and hopefully temporary!!!!! i always love seeing what you will make and often it makes me want to go back and re-do my card!!!!! xoxolb

    ps: re photography: i've noticed that the amazingly high resolution on our cameras/phones does sometimes work against us; the texture of sparkly things gets captured in such detail that it's a little overwhelming lol. the same is true if you have anything that's even sliiiiightly reflective. and don't get me started on "white levels" lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of that glittery sparkle ... so very glad you joined us for our Christmas Cookie Color prompt at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.