Saturday, May 7, 2022

April Birthday Cards

I've already shown the card I made for GS1's birthday back in the beginning of April and now I have the cards from the end of April.  This first one was for my DIL.  I just got some new SU product and used the new texture embossing folder in Bermuda Bay for a background.  I also got the designer series paper that has all kinds of wave motifs and I took one and made a portion of it into a triptych.  I found my inspiration for this card made by Jen Morgano at The Joy of Stampin' with Rachael blog.  I like to add Bermuda Bay and/or green to DIL's cards and this checked both those boxes.


We celebrated GS1's birthday on his mom's birthday.  I had already mailed his card earlier in the month so I was glad that I had stamped and colored another shark that I could use on a quick tag for his gift.


The other card that I made had a long distance to travel and me being me, it got out too late in the mail to reach it's recipient in time for her birthday, but I've been assured that it arrived there safely.  This is a tag card that I made for my blogging friend Sabrina using some of the things that she has gifted me over the years.  The leafy background on the tag is using a stencil she gave me.  I used a metallic stencil paste on it for the leaves.  The flowers are all die cut from the Zinnia die that she gave me.  It's a Susan's Garden die.  I love them and have several different flowers but I hadn't used any of them in a while and it took me on a scavenger hunt in the stamp cave to find the tool kit that I use for those flower dies.  


Here's a closer look at those flowers.  Yes, those tiny little yellow star-shaped pieces are all individually glued onto the stamens, but the die cuts out multiples of them at one time.  I used several different shades of yellow for them and the ones on the flower got some green liquid paper centers.  These take a little while to put together after adding pan pastels and shaping them, but I do enjoy it.  


We usually plant a tub of zinnia seeds right across the driveway from our back door but they haven't gone in yet.  We did, however, go to get some of our other plants at the Great Swamp Nursery earlier this week and they had zinnias in all of the colors that I used on the tag and more.


And a quick peak at one of the boxes that I've mailed recently.  Very abstract, but fun.

4 comments:

  1. They are so lucky to receive your beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers!! Oh my gosh I was sure they were real!! You've done a fab job putting them together, and the colours are perfect! Seriously, they look so real! Beautiful tag, be proud of what you have created!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! This just reminded me I better get my daughter's card made and in the mail. Your ideas always inspire my fabric cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that the painted box made this a treat even before I opened it, and that is one box that will definitely go to someone else or find its way onto cards. And I loved the mass of zinnias :D. Rachel's card is beautiful. It's like an aerial photograph of lagoons or something - and a bit like a cool acrylic pour.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.