Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Jingle Belles - Recycle....Reuse.... and Jingle

I said I would be back with a second card and here it is just squeaking in under the wire.  Our Jingle Belle hostesses always come up with great challenges and as I've said before, this is one of my favorites.

On this card are two scraps of wrapping paper from gifts that I received last Christmas.  I love the metallic on the kraft background and was glad that I could save this to use on a card.  The top of the tag, with the tree opening was a two-piece tag that I had saved.  I replaced the back piece (the cut-out of the tree) with that second metallic paper.  I had to trim it down to eliminate what was written there but I was able to find an unused tag I had made in my stash.  I cut the tab off of that and it fit perfectly at the bottom of the tree tag.  The last addition was a bow from a scrap of ribbon I found in one of the Christmas scrap boxes.  I don't know where to find that 3/16" satin ribbon any more.  I used to get it at a little craft store called "The Pink Sleigh" but they've been out of business for years.  Michael's sometimes has 1/8" ribbon, but it seems to be slightly wider than that.  


Here's a closer look so you can hopefully see the pretty shine the metallics have.  Plus the stars were punched from some glitter paper.  


Needless to say, whilst I was pulling out all these "recyclables" I got more ideas and I hope to get back to them soon.  Until then, I'm going to visit the Jingle Belles and check out all the other wonderful entries for this great challenge.  You can also by clicking here.

5 comments:

  1. oooooh! i'm sorry i missed this one yesterday but i'm excited to have an extra treat of a card today! looooove it missus! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so creative with re-using and recycling that I'm sure you could make cards for the full two weeks just with this theme. The knit design is super as an underlay for the tree aperture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I have that fabulous wrapping paper in my stash ... and it translates to card perfection ... so very glad you joined us again for our EARTH DAY celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful "scrappy" card. Christmas wrapping is a great recycle idea. I had no idea that size ribbon wasn't available any more. Maybe I should wish you luck at yard sales?

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.