Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter

The Greetery had the cutest little bunny that fit right into the hourglass die set and I couldn't resist using it for some Easter cards.  I'm trying to use more of my stash of scrap book paper and found a bunch of patterns in yellow (and pink) that I thought would be appropriate for this time of year.



This bunny is a Unity stamp and I used it for the grandson's cards.  It might be a little feminine with those flowers, but I thought they are still young enough for it to be appropriate for little boys.


HWNSNBP brought home a bouquet of Easter flowers earlier this week.  They are beautiful, but those lilies sure do have an intense fragrance when they are fully open.  I thought by cutting off the stamens that it might help, but that does not appear to be where the fragrance comes from.  Cutting off the pollen will, however, keep it from falling onto the table below or getting on any cloth or clothing that it would stain.  I do this with my amaryllis bulbs also when they're blooming.


I noticed the first forget-me-nots blooming in the rocks the other day.  We had a high temp of 88º on Thursday.  Hot enough to turn the AC on for a few hours to cool off the bedrooms upstairs before some storms rolled in to lower the outside temps about 25 degrees.


I hope everyone has an enjoyable and blessed Easter.



4 comments:

  1. How lovely to see the forget-me-nots. And to smell the lilies, I love that scent though it can be a bit heady when it's too intense. Both your bunnies are sweet, especially the one in the hourglass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Lorraine! Pretty cards and love the flowers. Sorry the smell is too strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, albeit now belated, Easter wishes. Cute cards once again. As for lilies, I can't have them in the house because they trigger our allergies. Our entire family is the same so if we order flowers for each other we have to remember to specify no lilies. I can't handle lavender either and lilacs are iffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about cutting stamens to stop pollen droppings. Last year my Easter Lily decided to bloom. It dropped a lot of dust which seemed to kill the leaves it landed on.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.