Sunday, April 10, 2022

Jingle Belles - Let There Be Peace on Earth (Day)

Yes, Earth Day is coming up rather quickly.  I seem to have lost track of time.  Here it is, more than a full week into April and I'm still thinking it's the end of March.   I really should have checked the calendar before I did my last Jingle Belles cards because I did some recycling on one of those, but not to worry, I certainly have enough recyclable material to work with..... as is evidenced below with my first card of this fortnight's challenge using recycled, reused, or upcycled elements in our cards.


This turned out a little larger than my typical card, but I knew I had an envelope for it which was a plus at the get go.  The white glittery panel is a card front from a box of such that I had purchase at IKEA many years ago - I just cut the front off of it.  The bird graphic was on a brown paper bag wrapper that came with a handmade pincushion I had ordered back in October.  The black and white snow scene is another candy wrapper from this Christmas.  The pointsettia ribbon, top and bottom, was saved from some packaging on a Christmas gift.  That red outline separating the bird and snow scene is actually cut from a Wendy's gift card holder that wasn't used.  I found the wooden deer (and a bunch of his friends) in my stash and gave him a coat of gold paint before I added him to this mish-mosh.


Oh, and whilst I was going through stuff I found some glitter stickers so I added one to the bird giving it a little Pennsylvania Dutch vibe.



I'm sure this won't be the last card that I make for this challenge.  As I've said, I have a plethora of usable items I'm sure I can use.  This gives me the opportunity to go through my stash and weed it out.  We shall see what's to be.  

If you'd like to check out what other people have repurposed, please click here.  And make sure to take a look at the wonderful inspirational cards that Steph and Lauren have made.  

6 comments:

  1. I really like this, not only because it's pretty but the recycling aspect of it too. Must say you found a most interesting candy wrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, you totally rocked the recycling ... and I love the story about the source of each item ... thrilled you joined us for EARTH DAY at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The three strips of red with the otherwise neutral colour scheme look great. As does the deer in his coat of gold. Very fancy candy wrapper, it made me think of Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh! you always ROCK this challenge and this beautiful card, which has multiple recyclings and upcyclings does not disappoint! well done, missus! so happy you could join our Earth Day fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.