Monday, April 13, 2020

Quarantangling - It Helps

I have any number of things to keep me occupied but for now, this is what is most calming.  Unless otherwise noted, the daily class is with Mind and Tangle.

Saturday, April 4 
Narwhal, Static


Sunday, April 5
Arco, Ginili


Monday, April 6
Antique, 96X, Knightsbridge


Tuesday, April 7
Bunzo, Fescu, XLNT


Also Tuesday, April 7 with Annie Taylor
Joki, Ruutz, Fricle


Wednesday, April 8
Paradox 8 pt. Star with Pilar Pulido


Wednesday, April 9
Onamato, Jonqual, Tatu


Thursday, April 9
Fescu, AIHSD


Friday, April 10
Hidden Words with Annie Taylor
Scena, Abeka, Abundy, Fescu, Tipple
We were to pick a word pertinent to the time we're in.  Can you see my word?


A different workshop with Pilar Pulido setting up fragments in this grid to use as a game.  You would roll a die with the numbers designated to match the rows and columns to choose the tangle or fragment on a tile.  It's the size of a credit card.  (And my word for the tangle above was HOME)


Friday, April 10
Well, Heartangle


Another workshop with Erix702000_CZT using his tangle NUBIA and Bordertangle Valentangle, and Cruffle.  We were to color the side bands with the colors of the flag of our country.  


Saturday, April 11
Cee-A-Mosa, Viaduct, Crete


Sunday, April 12
Bosch, Garlic Cloves


People are going to ask what you did while quarantined.  Or maybe they won't.  We may be asking ourselves that question thinking that we should be accomplishing something meaningful like tackling a home improvement project.  But what I've read is that we shouldn't feel that we have to achieve certain goals.  It's okay if our closets are still not cleaned out or our basements organized.  For some people that will be what they do accomplish because that's what will get them through this.  For others, like myself, it's a mixture of small accomplishments and mindfulness in the form of art.  That would encompass a lot. Card making, tangling, practicing my Kalimba, sewing masks, trying new art supplies that were waiting to be used, all of that that I've always said is my therapy.  Oh, I've done small organizing updates like cleaning out a couple kitchen drawers, cleaning off the counters and island (to some extent), going through old clothing in the laundry room, organizing some of my fabric stash (necessary after searching for mask material), and such.  

HWNSNBP is still working from home as am I although I'm basically monitoring e-mails now.  So it's hard to dive into the bigger projects.  But we're both keeping busy enough to keep our minds otherwise occupied.  (He's finished a raised bed planter and is almost done with an end table for our daughter.)  I've started a 3rd jigsaw puzzle and I'm trying to finish reading a book that I started a while ago.  We're actually planning our meals because we want to keep the grocery store visits to a minimum.  We're ordering out lunch and dinner at least once each week to support our local businesses.  We're staying in touch with our kids and grandkids through social media and calling family members who don't have that (and there are those in our family that don't have smart phones or computers).  We have check-ins with friends and co-workers.  And we're getting to work in the yard when the weather is nice.  

I'll admit this has been frustrating and a very big challenge.  It's been scary and sad and I know if you're reading this, you've had those feelings also.  This is more than a bad dream.  This is a life changing event.   Call it what you will but we are all in it together.  Stay well.

3 comments:

  1. These are so much fun! I love your view of what we are living through.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourites are the first and the last. But I think they are all amazing. I admire your patience and skill, and am glad that you find relief and relaxation through it.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.