Wednesday, April 1, 2020

April Fool's Day and a Little More

I normally have this letterboard on my counter at work and try to change the message every day.  I brought it home with me and have been keeping up with the messages, photographing them at home and sharing with the staff through  e-mail each morning.  This one struck the funny bone of most.


We have Confederate violets blooming along with the marsh marigolds, and spring beauty in this pic.


Two weeks ago - gosh, was it that long already - it was suggested to "chalk your walk" with uplifting messages for people to see when out on neighborhood walks.  Well, we don't have a sidewalk, but we have this macadammed area that used to be a basketball court that was suitable to draw a labyrinth on so I could do some mindful walking.  HWNSNBP was going to Home Depot for wood for some projects he could work on during this quarantine and was kind enough to pick up a tarp to put over this when it rains.  He had another piece of one that was needed to cover most of it.  We've covered and removed it several times already and only the outer edge sometimes gets washed away.  I had him pick up a piece of PVC pipe that would fit the sidewalk chalk so I don't have to  bend over to do the chalking.  Initially I used his measuring tape and had my chalk taped to a yardstick.  I was then able to use my little weeding scooter to reinforce the lines with several colors of chalk making it last longer.  I find myself trying to clear my mind of thoughts of this pandemic and saying Hail Marys for everyone as I walk.  It helps..... for a little while.  


This is what part of my dining room table looks like right now.  A couple of finished jigsaw puzzles under the chaos which I will be disassembling tonight along with my Lovepop card from HWNSNBP for my birthday, cameras, my kalimba, and various art projects that I'm trying to focus on.  Oh yes, under the earbuds and notebook is my work Chromebook, and just to the right out of the picture is my home laptop (with more stuff to the right of that).  Creative chaos I call it.  (I'm not concerned about the mess, it's not like I'm getting company any time soon!)


How are you all holding up?  I hope you all are well and stay well.  

5 comments:

  1. Love those brown EEEEEEs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spring flower photo, that fresh green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those violets . . . the bring back memories from when I was a kid. They have always been one of my favorites. I love the PVC chalk idea. When I first saw a photo of your labyrinth - I pictured you crawling on your hands and knees making it - LOL! I also love your creative chaos . . . with your work along side. My whole living room looks like that this week. I go from working . . . to sewing . . . to journaling . . .to getting out something for a new idea I have. Because I can do that - I am holding up pretty well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I laughed so much when I read about the brown "e's", that is so funny! What a fun idea, and I bet everyone laughed when they saw it!
    The violets are so sweet, as well as the marigolds. Love the labyrinth too! People have done similar things here, with hopscotch being very popular on the pavements. I am in self isolation at home, today is day 16 for me and I am over it!
    Stay well!
    Sunshine.
    ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiled at the Brown Es. Hey, at least I could make the edible ones tomorrow without needing yeast, which has disappeared here. Thankfully, I have a small backup of the instant, though I prefer the fresh followed by the active dried. The violets are sweet. I've never seen ones like that before - they're almost like little pansies in the colour.
    That is a just wonderful card!

    I think a certain amount of mess is fine (DH always says being creative is messy) so long as there's still enough space to craft and not lose something the minute you put it down ;-). Thinking of getting a jigsaw out myself - maybe tomorrow for over the weekend. I like your zen walk. Very Japanese-y.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.