Thursday, February 20, 2020

Valentine's Day Recap

I do love real flowers but this year I mentioned to HWNSNBP that I saw a paper bouquet from LovePop cards that looked really cool and could be used yearly.  He took the hint and I was so glad.  It stands on it's own, vase and all.  


There was a place on the envelope that you could slide in a message card which he did.


I also mentioned that he might want to use our gift card from the specialty bakery that we used last year for Rachel's baby shower.  They gave us the gift card because they had made a mistake on the order.  They have a f a c e book page and were taking orders for this lovely creation.


It's called a Dacquoise - an almond meringue torte with crème diplomat and fresh berry filling, and macarons.  They had real roses on top of the advertised one, but I'm allergic to roses so we did without (for a little discount too).  All those decorations were edible.  It was very good but very decadent and took several days to finish.


I saw a lot of Valentine bashing on social media sites which really saddened me.  I think you should celebrate any holiday that you want without people who don't celebrate it complaining about it. If you don't have someone you want to share your love with, certainly you can be kind.  

Here's a link to a story that I saw on-line that might just prove that point.


3 comments:

  1. The cut paper flowers are pretty, Lorraine.
    And the cake looks delicious!
    You sure had a lovely Valentine's Day. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's ages since I had a dacquoise and it looked nothing like as pretty as that. It's beautiful. So is your everlasting rose bouquet.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.