Friday, January 24, 2020

Initial It

It all started with a tutorial on The Postman's Knock.  The Botanical Letter Tutorial Reboot.  I was up for giving it a try in one of my sketchbooks.  I thought it didn't turn out that bad and a lightbulb went off as I was also working on putting together some ideas for Christmas gifts at about the same time. 


So I got out some good paper and cut it to a frameable size and started sketching.  I swapped out the narcissus for some loose roses.  Then I laid down the lines with a Micron pen.  Then the painting began.  Some of the line work was reinforced after the painting.  And before framing they were initialed and dated.





I think I mentioned a trip to IKEA back in the beginning of December - well, part of the reason for that trip was to get some frames.  I forget where I had seen someone using these frames for another art project, but I thought they might be perfect for framing these letters.  

You can find some other good tutorials at The Postman's Knock as well as worksheets and projects relating to calligraphy.  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lorraine! How do you get your letters so perfectly formed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of pre-planning pencil work and erasing.

      Delete
  2. I love mine, thank you. I took all my Christmas cards down at the weekend and my S has gone up on the bookcase beside the little pebble birds. I like the daffodils/narcissi in the L.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.