Monday, March 21, 2016

Card Catch Up For March

With spring on the way I was glad to use some softer colors for these cards.  Three different occasions - sympathy, birthday, and bridal shower.  My stamp cave is all topsy turvy but seriously, I just cannot bring myself to buy a card.  Not because I think my cards are better than any I could buy but because I have so much invested in supplies that ........get the picture!  And, while I have been cleaning out, I am finding all sorts of good things that I'd forgotten I had, like this heart die,


and this stamp set with the spring wreath, and


this embossing folder that it seemed like I waited forever to come in.  


I spent a few hours, yes hours, on Saturday afternoon sorting paper - cardstock scraps.  Scraps.  All sizes and shapes of scraps. I have to question whether I'm being frugal or a hoarder?  Am I being green by reusing or should I be adding to the recycle bin? What I have come to realize is that it is much easier to have ideas and spend time buying supplies than to actually find the time to put all those ideas in motion.  I can only hope that by getting this room, this stamp cave, this craft studio organized that I can focus on being more creative and more stress free.

1 comment:

  1. Clever you to use the Valentine heart so effectively on a sympathy card - a great way to get better use from it. What amazing texture on the folder, is that one of the sort of 3D ones? I remember getting one once, with buttons, but it went in one of my purges, I could never get it to look the way I wanted.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.