The first card above I actually tried to do for a Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoast. The challenge was to spritz and I did use a paintbrush, my fingernail, and some watered-down Lucky Limeade ink on Crumb Cake cs. I masked off the center and just did a frame on the base. The spritzing at that point looked a little wanting, so I took a dauber and rubbed some more of the Lucky Limeade into the frame. The spritzing is still visible but blends in so much better. The Bashful Blue piece was a leftover piece that I had used the banner die on. I embossed that with the Tiny Triangles EF and masked the frame of the card to add the chevron striping from Work of Art embossed with white EP. I had picked up a pack of wooden arrows that was on clearance and used one of them in the center of the chevron banner, adding a Beautiful Wings embosslit butterfly and rhinestone to that. I decided to add the strip of Lavender Lace on the side that I used my, oh geez, what are those scissors called!! The sentiment is from Pretty Petites.
The card below was inspired by on of the DTGD challenges. I had been pulling the labels off my blackberry containers, sticking them to a piece of lightweight paper, and then trimming them into strips. I used the strips to make a frame. I added clear glitter to the darkest of the blackberries and when the frame was place over the Thank You panel, I used some Martha Stewart purple glitter to outline the frame. I don't know whatever possessed me to use glitter. I don't have a particular fondness for the stuff and had to drag out the vacuum cleaner when I was done. Thankfully I did this before my surgery, though I was a little concerned that I was going to have stray glitter somewhere on me for days.
I thought those label strips would be great on Blackberry Bliss cs.
A one-layer sealife thank you on Crumb Cake cs below. I colored those sand dollars with my aquapainter, though I don't believe they actually come in pink, these just had to be pink.
And lastly, a beach scene - one that I've missed this summer. The image is a HouseMouse stamp and there should be two little mice acting silly with shells on their noses imitating the beak of the bird. I masked out the mice and watercolored the scene with inks and markers. I added highlights of sand and sea glass from Mud Puddles - something I picked up a few years ago in a scrapbooking shop and truthfully, I never used it and it's dried up quite a bit.
These thank you's are for a bunch of friends who have helped me out before and after my surgery bringing by food, taking me to the doctor when HWNSNBP couldn't and even driving us to the emergency room. I am so very thankful to all of them for their love and caring.