Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th - Firemen to the Rescue


Sometime last night the American flag, the 8' American flag that stands tall and proud at the central dock in Barnegat was cut down and stolen.  It was quite sad to think that there would be no American flag flying there on Independence Day.  Well, thanks to the Barnegat Fire Department a flag flies again to help celebrate our nation's birthday.








After taking these pictures I walked over and thanked and shook the hands of the firemen who took care of this today.  I told them I was sorry that they had to do it, but they said proudly "It's our job and our honor."

Happy Birthday America!

2 comments:

  1. I love stories like this . . . when people do a job because it is the right thing to do. I am so glad they got the flag replaced. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love firemen!!!! Glad they got the stars and stripes flying for the 4th!!!!! Have a beautiful weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.