Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 20

Someone I know requested some bookmarks. Nothing specific, just bookmarks.
This being Thursday, I thought it would be a good idea to go through my scrap pile and see if there was anything that I could recycle into a bookmark. Boy, did I find a lot.

As you can see, I had a lot of scraps to use (this is only a fraction). So I cut some cardstock strips to start with. Then I picked out some of the discards, or mistakes that I had put aside.

After playing with them for a while to get the designs that I wanted, I carefully took the pieces and put them through my Xyron to make them into stickers. This works out especially well since a lot of the pieces are quite small and it would be difficult to use Snail on. You also want to make sure that the pieces, or images, are totally adhered to the backing.

So these range from some of the leftover butterflies that I punched out of the Vera Bradley catalog, to some motifs from leftover DSP, to extra images that I had put aside to use someday.

I tried to keep the layering to a minimum because you don't really want lumpy bookmarks now do you!

Now, I'm off to find my magnets as these green ones are supposed to be magnetized.

Hope she likes them. And, wouldn't it be nice if she left them in the books as she passed them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.