Monday, July 27, 2009

Combining Two Challenges Today


The Try a New Technique Challenge for today was to incorporate quilling into a card. I had this lion head that I did a while back. I liked the CAS Sketch so much that I decided to do another sketch card and use the lion head on it. (The lion head is done in Marigold Morning - a retired In Color from several years ago that I do still love.)

The sentiment comes from the new SU set Hard to Say. There are some good sayings in that set that are not your run-of-the-mill sentiments.

The DSP used was a piece from the Razzleberry Lemonade pack and the Dusty Durango design was achieved by cutting out some of the motif from an MS border punch.

I actually used watercolor paper as my card base. I wanted something with a little weight and my SU Whisper White is a little too wispy. See, here's where you can use your Michael's 40% off coupons - for watercolor pads. You'll find that they often are on sale with the art supplies for 40% off at times.

The ribbon was first added across and around the panel. Then I took a second piece and tied consecutive knots across the first piece. I frayed both ends as my last step.

Now............ I have a quilled lamb somewhere that I should use too.

Maybe tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. I love quilling! I used to do it years ago....just found my quilling paper the other day when I was reorganizing my storage! Love the lion...do show us the lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see I was not the only one who fished something already made out for this project!
    What an amazing picture of all those little birds cheeping away - it's fantastic! And I wish some of my gazanias would come that colour. I always buy packs of mixed colour seed, but they always come almost all orange, or else yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this reminds me of a letter head. I've always loved the look of Quilling now I'm going to have to try it.I love MM and the new CC. I think I love the yellows because I look terrible in it!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so darn cute. What will you do with it? I'm still here, with my cuttlebug and my SLICE. I do more THINKING and PLANNING that I do actually CREATING. But I've got my STUFF and that's what counts. I was just wondering what you do with your cards. I hate piling mine up, but I don't know that many people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very creative of you! Love the quilled lions mane...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.