Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Inspiration


I decided to try another Inspiration Challenge today. Over at Splitcoast the Inspiration Challenge for today was to was to visit a site called Chasing Fireflies. I found a pair of slippers that I thought were cool and would also give me a chance to play with one of my new big shot dies.

These flowers are from the Birds and Blooms set. After I ran the paper through the Big Shot, I used my markers on the edges to give the flowers some depth. Then I curled them like a real flower to give them dimension. The hardest part was the little centers. I punched a 1/2" circle out of the same color cardstock and then rolled it into a ball shape - sort of. They are adhered to the rest of the flower with liquid Tombow glue.

There's a bunch of colors in this card (again with the color!!!). Green Galore, Handsome Hunter, Gable Green, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, and Dusty Durango. The sentiment is from the All Holidays set and stamped in Handsome Hunter.

The Handsome Hunter cs on the top was scrunched up after I cut it to size and then I pulled a layer of it off. The rough side is facing the back. The lighter green strip across it is scrunched up too. I put down a skinny piece of red line tape and then pressed the strip into it so it looks gathered.

It just so happens that I need a couple of thank you's this weekend, so this will go right out in the mail!

So, have you been inspired by my inspiration? Love to hear from you.

2 comments:

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.