We have rules this week about lily pads and the number of frogs and so on and so forth. Cindy had a special pond built in her yard for this teaparty, so I'm going to try to do it justice. For the second week in a row I've used the set Unfrogettable. See, I knew I should keep it around after it retired!!! It has a couple of really cute frogs in it (in addition to the snail that I used last week). I wanted to use the polite frog that would actually be seen sitting on the lily pad and not the one jumping around. Maybe because Tuesday is my tiredest (is that a word?) day and I need to rest. I used my SU pastels to color the little guy!
I pulled out some retired paper too! The pond that the lily pad is floating in is retired color Cool Carribean and I paired it up with the current Bermuda Bay, so I think we have one of those Bermuda triangle things going here!
The lily on the lily pad was an experiment I had tried after I saw one of the challenges posted a while ago on Splitcoast, to use fabric with a die cut. There is a way to do this. You have to iron the fabric onto freezer paper before you put it through the die machine so that you have some resistance and the fabric will actually cut. It's easy peasy. After I did that I re-ironed the flowers so that the freezer paper would stay on. That way I could fluff up the flower and give it some dimension rather than see it lay flat. Will the paper stay stuck to the fabric? Time will tell. But for now it's doing the job.
The center of the flower is a build a brad. Using regular punches with fabric this way is not as easy. I wound up having to trim the circle to fit on the top of the brad. You can see it a little clearer with this close up.
The "Carribean" pond was run through the cuttlebug with the bubble embossing folder. You see, I think all those other tea partiers are lurking around with straws blowing bubbles into the water and trying to knock each other off the lily pads!
Oh, and take a good look at my frog. He's actually popped up diagonally on the lily pad so he looks more like he's sitting on it rather than flat against it. I cut a strip of paper and chalked it, trimmed it, and added it behind the frog to hide all the pop dots!
Hop a long now, over to the Teapot Tuesday 57 gallery and catch all the other entries for this week's challenge. You won't be disappointed!