Sunday, January 19, 2020

With Sympathy (CASE)

I used the spotlighting technique to make a couple of sympathy cards I needed this week with a stamp set from Concord & 9th called Wildflower.  I had seen a similar card on Pinterest here.


I colored the two cards differently.  The first coloring the whole image except for the spotlight and the second spotlighting the color only.  I added some gel pen raindrops or tears.  I actually made two sets of these cards, one in purple and the other in blue/turquoise.  I didn't add any sentiment to the blue ones yet so they could be used for any occasion.  


I got some return mail this week in the form of half of a Christmas card that we sent out.  I was able to figure out who it went to by the partial address that was on the envelope, but if there hadn't been enough of that, I could have consulted my excel sheet for the picture.  There was a ribbon on that card and the knot from the bow must have gotten caught in the cancellation machine.  This makes me wonder at what condition some of my other bulkier cards arrive in.  



4 comments:

  1. Didn't think about cards getting damaged like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Lorraine, best to write out the complete year, no matter what the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half cards is surprising !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such a shame about the card :-(. At least you got enough back to know it never arrived. Those cards are beautiful. I'm looking at them trying to decide which I prefer. The lower one is more subtle because it has less colour, but I find the upper one very intriguing, visually. That flower makes me think of paper umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.