Inspiration can be anywhere - prompts, Pinterest, nature, personal experience, experimentation. It can be simple or complex. And sometimes the simple turns out to be complex and vice versa.
June 29 - Aqua - this was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest. Here's the link to the blog with the card which is much prettier. Done with rubber stamps and ink.
June 30 - Trivial Pursuit - It's been years since I've played TP and all that was coming to mind were the cheese wedges, and then I just started thinking about the words and they helped me make this statement. This card was coated with gesso before I started playing with some "cheap" watercolors (one of those $5 sets children's sets, but it has several cool shades of pink and blue).
July 1 - 100 - I was thinking of drawing a dandelion and then remembered I had this set from AMUSE. So again, rubber stamps and ink. Oh, the background stamps (butterfly and leaves) are Stampin Up.
July 2 - Zodiac - I'm an Aries so I went with the symbol for my sign and used my favorite color in washi tape, watercolors, and markers.
July 3 - Magic - Truth be told, I knew we would be away for the weekend so I kind of slapped this one together. The background was previously done weeks ago when I was using up some paint and I found the butterfly already colored and cut in my scrap pile. There is some magic, I feel, in a caterpillar becoming a butterfly - don't you think?
July 4 - Statue of Liberty - This Statue of Liberty stamp is among my very first. I'm surprised I could even find it. Again, the blue and white background was previously made. I added some red Sharpie stripes and the lettering.
July 5 - Sunflowers - And this is where the simple became the complex but it was fun "building" it nonetheless. I had started with just pale yellow circles with darker centers. Then I swished some greens in between. Then I decided that I wanted more distinct petals so I added some simple brush stroke shapes. Then I put dots of a darker yellow on the petals towards the centers and liked how they puddled there. I took a fine brush and added the orange line around the center. Then we left for the weekend and when we got home yesterday I couldn't find what I had started. Luckily, I moved something on my craft table and there it was, but I thought it needed more so I outlined the petals with marker. Then it was the leaves that needed outlining. And then the flower centers were too plain so I played with them. Finally, I took the fine brush again and painted the fold marks in the petals. Sheesh!
Okay, so on to Week 6.