Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday's Throw Aways - Week 18 - Hang Tags

Thanks to the deer eating our flowering plants in the backyard, I happened to have these hang tags from some decorative fence posts that we bought to hang bird netting on. I loved the black and white drawing of a metal forge on them and decided to try to reuse them.


The color I chose for the card base is Basic Gray which plays well with the drawings themselves. I wanted something lighter to help highlight the drawings so I chose a layer of Taken With Teal and added a band of Bermuda Bay that I punched on both sides with a MS fence post punch. (Oh, I just realized that I had another theme going here with fences.)

The bow is Basic Gray taffeta and the brads are styled silver. The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray and it's from the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. (You can't see it too clearly in the picture - it says "thanks so much".)

I had another tag on the table that I had been saving from a sundress that I bought. Again, the design was what caught my eye. There was some text on it, but the ribbon covers it. The colors in the tag went well with the new In Color Melon Mambo so I used some DSP from the Razzleberry Lemonade pack and the polka dot ribbon in the same color. The striped ribbon was a scrap that I had on the table at the time.

The circles are from the Circle Circus set and stamped in Melon Mambo and punched out. A couple of them are popped up. And the sentiment was from the Pocket Silhouettes set too!
These two cards came together rather quickly. I think the tags deserved to be saved from the household recycling. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of those black and white tags....love that vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M BACK IN FLORUBA!! AND I BROUGHT MY CUTTLEBUG!!!

    I carried it myself and the cops pulled me out of line as I tried to convince them of what it does, without having any stencils to use. Finally a female cop came up and said "Oh! You have a CUTTLEBUG!!!"

    GOD BLESS WOMEN!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.