Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Two Minute Rant and Two Cards

A few days ago a TV host lamented that he was tired of all the made up holidays (they happen to announce in the opening segment of their show).  To him I say - THEN DON'T CELEBRATE THEM!  Of all the things going on in the world today, certainly celebrating an obscure holiday should be the least of your worries if it brings someone joy.  And to make that comment on national tv after your show recently celebrated TV Talk Show Host Day on the 23rd is just dumb.  (And I generally like the show.)

Most times it's just a matter of doing a little something extra for that day.  You don't have to go all out and decorate like you do for Christmas or Halloween.  You don't have to buy anything unless you want to.  There are no rules or obligatios to send gifts or cards or anything like that.  Just mentioning it to someone could bring them a smile.  Like mentioning your son or daughter on Son or Daughter Day.  Or sending a text to your friends to have a beer on National Beer Day.  Wear those crazy socks on Crazy Sock Day.  Share a knock knock joke on Knock Knock Joke Day.  

Meeting friends to share a pizza on Pizza Day, or pierogies on Pierogi Day (as we recently did) made that day even more special.  Today is Calzone Day and I know that we'll be having a calzone for dinner (meaning I don't have to cook today!).  It's also Cinnamon Day - I would say have a cinnamon roll, a slice of cinnamon bread, add some to your hot chocolate or coffee, maybe make an apple dessert with cinnamon.  Burn a cinnamon candle.  It doesn't take that much effort to find a way to enjoy it.  

Good for you if your day is so full and busy that you don't need to find a little extra happiness in it.  Or maybe bad for you that you don't take the time to.  In any case, don't yuck my yum.  

Well, that took less than 2 minutes so here are two cards that I had in my stash that I used for birthday cards in October.



And see how those tomatoes ripened.

3 comments:

  1. Great rant and oh so true! Seeing all the different 'days' often makes me smile and sometimes wonder how someone thought them up in the first place. We need more fun, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, your tomatoes ripened amazingly, and I bet that they are so tasty. I like both the cards - thinking I recognise the lower one as an SU stamp, love the little owl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I don't understand why some people have to be so sensitive and expect everyone to live their way. Just turn away and let us all live the way we want to.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.