Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Jingle Belles - Hard Candy Christmas

Time for some sweetness on those Christmas cards say the Jingle Belles.  Our cards are to feature a favorite candy, cookie, or any sweet treat that we like during the holidays.

It's always a treat for me to go for tea at the holidays but this year my favorite tea house is temporarily closed.  That didn't stop me from putting together this gingerbread teapot for my sweet contribution though.  I even added a couple of sugar plum jellies (and used some very ancient glass beads on them).  The sentiment comes from a Neat and Tangled stamp set called Holiday Baking.


And I did manage to squeeze two of these in.


I also started down another rabbit hole the other day with some Christmas cupcake wrappers that I picked up at $Tree.  They make a cool honeycomb ornament with a little folding and some glue.  

You've got to flatten them first.


Then fold them in half.  (Note - I refolded them the opposite way after I decided that I wanted more of the pattern to show as opposed to the inside.)


Refolding in process.


I've omitted the step where you run a line of glue down the center in the same direction you see these two lines.  I made a "jig" with register marks on a scrap piece of paper to know where to run the other lines of glue.


You glue all the pieces on top of each other until you get.....


You need to add a length of ribbon or twine in the center for a hanger before you glue the sides together to get the ball.  I'm still working on that step.


I think left open they would make a nice package decoration and the mini liners might make ornaments that were smaller to hang on a tree.  These make a 4 1/2" ball.  

We're nearing the end of November and that also means that the Jingle Belles challenges will be coming to a close for this year soon.  The goal has always been to have all your Christmas cards made before December so you don't have to fill your time with making them and instead enjoy December.  I haven't done all of the challenges again this year, but I did plan ahead a little and made duplicates of some of the cards as the year progressed.  Still, I am short of what I need so I'll be doing a little catch-up but will be sure to post as I go along with them also.  

Time to check out all the other sweetness that has been shared for this challenge at the Jingle Belles blog.  You can too by clicking here.

6 comments:

  1. I thought the ornament was the first fold and I thought how sweet the little fans were so was surprised when I read further!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and a neat cupcake craft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so cool Lorraine! I might make some to decorate my tree! Your pictorial was easy to follow - thank you!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the decoration idea! Such a cool idea! Great pictorial too!
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just to spend a day looking around in your brain. Such fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little glass beads are absolutely perfect for a sugary look on the candies. Very clever idea with the cup cake cases.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.