Monday, May 15, 2023

Week 11 of The 100 Day Project (With Bluebird Baby Update)









Here are the baby bluebirds - there were originally 6 eggs and it looks like only 4 of them have gotten this far.  They should be ready to fledge at any moment so the box won't be opened again for a while.  We do have a set of mirrors on a stick so we can spy on them without too much intrusion.  The only problem with that is that HWNSNBP sometimes doesn't remember to put it back where it belongs and it becomes the wrong kind of scavenger hunt.  (Much like when he misplaces his cell phone.  That may be one of the only reasons why we still have a landline telephone ...... so he can use it to call his cell phone without asking me to do it and getting a lecture.)


We made another trip to the nursery again for more plants.  We had to search for the vinca in the colors we wanted but finally found a few flats left to choose from.  One of the plants that we had previously bought is doing well amongst the forget-me-nots - a bleeding heart.  It's not the first one that we've had here but those previously planted years ago have disappeared for whatever reason.  So I'm hoping that putting this one in this somewhat protected area will keep it around for a long time.  I remember that my grandfather had one planted in our yard growing up and I always loved it.  


And finally, the sunset from Friday night.


 

6 comments:

  1. How fun to see your 100-day project AND the bluebirds! So exciting! We lost three from our box but there were still two left---I haven't seen them fledge but the box is on the edge of our property so I rarely see that type of activity. The bleeding heart is so pretty---I have a couple as well, just transplanted one so it is on the side of the house where I can actually see it now. The first one I ever saw was at our house in Califon and I have loved them ever since! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet little birds! The sunset is very pretty, such gorjuss colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always like dicentra too - I hope yours flourishes and endures. What beautiful sunset photos. Sunset and water, perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those baby bluebirds - how I wish I could catch sight of one here.
    Bleeding heart is one of my favourite spring flowers so I hope yours does well.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.