Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Jingle Belles - No Stamping Christmas

Despite the huge amount of stamps that I've accumulated, I often find myself making cards that don't involve much, if any stamping, preferring to put handwritten messages on the inside.  So this Jingle Belles Challenge to make cards without any stamping is right in my wheelhouse.  I should have been able to crank out a few cards for this one, but I'll squeak by with these two as family events and an inconvenient sinus infection have taken me in another direction lately.  



The snowman die came from Kokorosa and has seven snowpeople, seven hats, and five scarves in the die.  I kept the die together to run the whole thing through the Big Shot with white paper.  Then I colored the hats and scarves before I punched them out.  The eyes, nose, and buttons are also cut out so instead of trying to keep those tiny pieces in place, I punched them out and cut a thin strip of white cardstock and colored that to add to the back.  I did that in two pieces for each one swiping the orange and black on one piece and just black on another.  I know I could have used plain black paper for the button one, but it was just as easy to do it on the white right then and there.  I left a little space at the top of each of the piece and just added a dab of glue to adhere to the back of the snowman because I knew that I was going to add a strip of double-sided tape to the back of them to stick them to the background.  

I divided my snowpeople into two families to depict our kids and grandkids in their family units.  The die actually reminds me of  the ornaments I used to make out of tongue depressors and popsicle sticks and sold at craft fairs.  Those snowmen had top hats and I wrote the name of the person on the brim of the hat and the last name of the family and the year on a heart that held them all together.  I know I have a picture somewhere but I'll have to come back with that later as I know I'm running out of time posting this.

Please take a look at the Jingle Belles blog to see all the other stampless beauties over there. I'll be adding some love after the sun goes down.  

6 comments:

  1. HEHEHE I was thinking about those popsicle stick snowpeople when I saw this... so clever to use a die instead lol. And awesome to be able to create both families with their current amount of adorable members!!! So happy you could join our "No Stamping" fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snowmen are just so cute! And I like the way your personalised the families. At first glance in my feed I thought you had painted popsicle sticks, so I totally see why the die reminded you of those ornaments you used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your cute little snowmen Lorraine! How sweet they are, and looking very Christmassy too! I like the colours as well, very pretty!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they WERE popsicle sticks until I read your description...very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow family card is a great idea. My mind is running with fabric scrap ideas. Your ideas are so motivating.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.