Saturday, September 4, 2021

Jingle Belles - Cookies for Santa

Aren't these cookies adorable?  The colors are wonderful and so unexpected for holiday cookies, or cards for that matter.   Those Jingle Belles sure know how to shake things up a bit to get the creativity flowing.  So as you might have guessed, these cookies are the inspiration for this fortnight's challenge.

I knew that I had a little snowglobe die somewhere, I just had to do a little searching to find it.  It was in with the Christmas stamps and dies but was hiding.  Thankfully, I persevered and found it along with the little stamp set from Lawn Fawn that can go with it.  There were four little characters in the stamp set and the picture inspo had four colors so I decided to make a card for each of them.  


Surprisingly I found some designer paper to go with them.  The snowglobe is supposed to be a tag but I trimmed off the very top where the string would go.  I had to finagle the die cut a bit because I wanted the frame to match the base as one piece so I left one of the die pieces attached to the frame.  This meant that I had to jury-rig a piece in the back for the center cut dies to be attached to.  If I do make tags in the future, I will disconnect that part of the die so the back is nice and flat for the To:/From: stamp.  In any case, these worked out for the cards pretty well.

Each little character has it's own message and I used all of them except for the deer one because it said "You're a deer" which would be okay for a thank you, but not necessarily for Christmas.  So I used the happy holidays for that one which was also a part of the stamp set.







So looking at my Christmas card list I'm pretty sure that I can find a recipient for each of these except for the unicorn.  Not sure about that one yet.  Then again, it just says magical holiday and magically there is a Unicorn Day - April 9th.  I could save it for that..............

Okay, I'll have to get over to the Jingle Belles blog and give some love to all the other inspired cards very soon.  You can too by clicking here.  And just let me add that Lauren and Stephanie, our hostesses have some stunning inspiration cards that I love, love, love.






6 comments:

  1. I have my eye on those Christmas cookies, they look delish! Love your snowg lobe cards, my fave is the Unicorn one! Love those colours.
    Great work:-)
    Thank you for your condolences on my blog, very much appreciated:-)
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all ready for Christmas! They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world could anybody bring themselves to actually EAT those beautiful cookies? They look like they should be in a frame!! Good job recreating them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh!!! these are just so cute and so clever and sooooo much fun! i always love LF characters, especially for xmas and you've used them so brilliantly. i love the way you've made four cards with four characters, each showcasing one of the main colors from that awesome nontraditional palette that stephanie found! thanks as always for joining our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ... could that Christmas Cookie inspired quartet be any cuter!! ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cards are a brilliant take on the inspiration cookies.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.