Friday, August 6, 2021

ICAD Week 9 and Round-UP

Well, July has come and gone and so has ICAD.  These are the last few days and my round-up picture.

Day 57 - Sea Anemone
Watercolor Pencils, Microns


Day 58 - Improvise
I improvised by using one of the pre-made acrylic background cards and gluing on the torn of ends of the strips I've been using to make origami wish stars.  (Future post.)


Day 59 - Pocket
I used pieces from audition cards to make a pocket full of rainbows and added it to one of the last acrylic background cards.  The lyrics are from an Elvis Presley song "Pocketful of Rainbows".
Acrylics, Markers, Gel Markers, Potted Paint


Day 60 - Mixed Tape
I know what a mixed tape is and this is not it, but rather a twist on the words.  I enlarged the pattern from the fabric tape as the background (therefore mixing it).
Potted paint, Gel Sticks, Fabric Tape


Day 61 - Forward
Looking forward to filling our lives with more joy.  Winning the lottery would obviously be a plus.
Gel Stick background and various collage pieces.


And here is the whole collection.  Stacked one on top of the other they approach 1 3/4 inches.  I have been purchasing vinyl zippered pencil cases (the kind you can put into a 3-ring binder) that have minimal decoration on them (only polka dots) to store my cards yearly.  I just stocked up on a bunch of them at the Dollar Tree.  This allows me to keep them sorted as I go along as well as being able to keep extra cards in the pouch if I'm travelling.  It's nice to revisit each collection before ICAD begins each year to remind me of what I have done.  I also go through my previous year's posts.  In either case, it has been helpful to note the materials that I used on the back along with the year, the date, and the prompt.  Next year I will be adding check boxes on the back so I can make physical note if I've posted to 1)my blog, 2)Instagram, and 3)Facebook.  I fell behind on that this year and I'd like to do a better job of that.  Call it my personal improvement plan.  


I can't lie, I kind of ran out of steam for this towards the end.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm sure I'll be gung ho with it again next year.  Perhaps it was having done the 100 Day project not so long ago.  I've been hesitant to jump right into another challenge right now.  Christmas card making has been non-existent in July and I must catch up on that soon.  

To anyone out there reading this, I hope you enjoyed seeing this artistic endeavor and again I would like to encourage you to give it a try yourself next year.  I know that you would be surprised as to what you could accomplish on an index card.  They're cheap and very forgiving and you don't need a ton of other art supplies.  You might have noticed that the ingredients for a lot of these cards came from the dollar store.  Yes, I do have good art supplies and I do use them sometimes, but this is proof that you don't have to to get pretty good results.  (Or maybe there are some closet ICADian's out there who have given this a try and just haven't shared yet.  If there are, I applaud you.)

3 comments:

  1. You know I always admire the way you take on projects like this and see them through. I wouldn't have known you'd run out of steam towards the end. My favourite is the anemones - though it's the urchins and the little things zooming through the water that I particularly love.
    I don't think I'd want mega-millions, :D, but a couple would make a big difference for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.