Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Jingle Belles - Hark the Herald Angels Sing

This fortnight the Jingle Belle theme is musical.   I've had this planned in my head for the last week but, true to form, I let this go practically to the last minute.  You know how it is when you plan something in your head and then you can't find what it was that you wanted to use? Well, that's unfortunately what happened here.  I really wanted to use some sheet music that was more condensed, but I couldn't find that stash and had to go with this one.  The tree stamped in the star are the words to one of my favorite carols "O Holy Night".  


Word of caution, don't look at it too long, you might get a headache thanks to that busy background.  What was I thinking!  Well, there's always time before December to have a redo.  

So let me scurry off to finish up the second card and get them both posted in time.  You can check out all the other musical-themed cards by clicking here.

3 comments:

  1. noooooooooo! no RE-DO!!!!!! this is AWESOME! of course, come to think of it, i *LIKE* "busy" so i might not be the best judge, lol? i do LOVE the design, i love the contrast, i love the music paper, the star... i love everything about this! (but i bet however many versions you make, i'll love ALL of them!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, no re-do!!! I think the way the music and herringbone alternate in the sunburst mitigates the busy-ness. I think that's one of my favourite Christmas songs too, along with O come,O come Emmanuel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is not to re-do either - it looks great just the way it is. I think if you had found your 'finer' music notes that they might have not worked as well, so maybe it was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.