Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Jingle Belles - Festive Foliage II

I have a small stash of cards that I periodically look through to find something to use for an upcoming occasion.  This week I decided to look for something springy for a friend whose birthday is on the first day of spring and I found this one.....


.... then it struck me that I should CASE myself for my second card in the Jingle Belles theme this week.  So I did.  I used SU's Watercolor Winter to stamp the poinsettias in Cherry Cobbler ink.  Then I used a square die to get them into shape.  The area surrounding the flowers and the flower centers were painted with some GansiTambi Starry Colors.  I also used that on the centers of the embossed flowers on the background panel.  The extra dots on that panel are dabbed with a Riding Hood Red marker.  The ribbon behind the poinsettias is metallic jute from Create It and the striped grosgrain is retired SU in Riding Hood Red.  


Here's a little close up so you can see the shininess a little better.  The ribbon will fold down nicely to be mailed.


So now I'm ready to go visit the Jingle Belles again to view all the lovely creations from the last two weeks.  Click here to join me.  

2 comments:

  1. I love both designs ... repeated images are always such a great design element ... so glad you shared your festive foliage with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhh that is such a clever (& versatile!!!) idea! equally gorgeous in both variations! (not sure how i missed this last night but it's nice to have a thursday morning treat!) <3

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.