Friday, February 13, 2015

Early February Birthday Cards



My Godmother's birthday is in early February.  I had pinned a card by Katherine at Little Things that I wanted to give a try.  I didn't have the exact same die so I improvised with one I did have.  The reason I inlaid my flowers was because there were spaces in my die that prevented me from keeping the die cut outs open.  I stamped some butterflies in Crumb Cake on the base and added some detail to the die cuts with a little Melon Mambo ink and a blender pen.  The raised butterflies are stamped in Melon Mambo on Whisper White cs.  I used one of the Crumb Cake die cuts as a little accent on the lace, adding some florets from a Susan's garden sunflower die and my chopped paper centers.  




This second card is for my blogging friend Clare in California whose birthday was this past weekend. Clare has a blog dedicated to paper cranes and when I saw this stamp set by Mama Elephant I knew I had to have it if for no other reason than to make her birthday card.  (There really is always a good excuse for buying more stamps!)




I stamped the crane image four times and colored them with my Blendabilities.  Then I carefully used a square punch to punch them out and placed them on the Crushed Curry square.  I think this SU paper is so cool and it provided me with just the right choices in ink colors for those cranes.



Those colors really make me look forward to spring!

1 comment:

  1. I love my birthday card! Thank you so much! I showed it off to everyone who would look at it. :) I finally got my birthday card journal made and used it for the cover.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.