Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12 - What Makes You Smile


What made me smile today - freshly polished toenails. 

It was not a particularly good day.  Frustrating work day and then I took a wrong turn coming home from the doctor where I didn't get very good news.  I ran out of checks over the weekend and forgot to put a new batch in the check book so I was lucky to have the $30 co-pay on me for the doctor.   But, that meant no shopping afterwards even if it was only the dollar store where I refuse to use a credit card for a purchase under $10.  So I decided to go home the back way but I didn't know that there was a detour.  For some reason I thought the detour sign would take me out of my way so I turned the opposite direction which brought me out to the main highway again, but I could only turn going the wrong way.  There was a turnaround at the next light and a WAWA on the corner so I decided to stop and pick up something to nibble on on the way home as I hadn't eaten since lunch time.  I found a chocolate covered pretzel rod that only cost 33 cents, but I couldn't get the wrapper off while I was driving.  Finally, I got a little lucky and had to stop at a light so I was able to unwrap the pretzel.  It's been hot and sticky and I needed to finish my Jingle Belles card so I went up to what I'm now referring to as the "Stamp Sauna" and got my card done and then went for a quick dip in the pool.... bringing me back to the toenails.  For whatever reason, they made me smile!

3 comments:

  1. oh dear! sorry you had such a bad day...but your toes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bad news???? It's not your toe, since it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool and refreshing looking!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.