Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thank You and the Inspirations


I was having lunch with my friend Anthony at school and one of his students came into the room.  I just loved the colors of her shirt and the pattern that was on it.   This evening I set out to clean of my workspace but since I had some of these colors out I decided to put the shirt inspiration to work to create this card.  I used the Vintage Vogue stamp set - still one of my favorites. 

The white cardstock background was sponged with Marina Mist, Bermuda Bay, and Certainly Celery Inks.  Then I took an image from the VV set and first stamped in Marina Mist and then in Not Quite Navy.  The rest of the details I think you can see.

The cards below are a case of Leanne Pugliese's club cards.   Make sure you click on her name to see how I was inspired. 


These are just about 100% cased.  I just loved how she combined the embossing folders and layered the image.  Using the Black Magic technique was awesome. 

Do you have a favorite!

3 comments:

  1. Love the "Tie Dye" card. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo. Pretty in pink!

    Your "pig" has a place of honor on my bathroom sink. He makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making cards like a kids shirt at school? OMG! I would have loved to see that shirt...I can just imagine....


    Johnny Smith....
    Johnny Smith, please report to the Principal's office immediately.

    Johnny Smith, to the principal's office.

    No, you are not in trouble Johnny. Just sit there in that chair and be still. Don't move so I can get a good picture. Okay, you can go back to class now.

    Wasn't that shirt he had on the coolest! I just know I can make a card that looks like that!

    Bwahahaha! You da man Lorraine! Snort!

    I love those two other cards too...so simple yet so eyecatching and wonderful! Whoo hoo for the cutty buddy!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.