Monday, March 28, 2011

Teapot Tuesday 139


Look at the wonderful tea set we have as our inspiration this week.  Could it be any cuter?  I think not.  This is so sweet, although not strictly usable for real tea, it would make quite a display piece or play piece for some youngsters.

There is one thing missing however and Cindy pointed that out in her wonderfully woven story. That would be - ribbon!  Such an adorably feminine tea set needs some ribbon.  And so does our destination station this week. A woman named Ashley has recently lost most of her crafting supplies in a flood out in the midwest.  This had to be devasting to her.  She had her supplies in her basement and the basement flooded up to the ceiling.  That happened to my sister and her husband during Hurricane Floyd years ago.  I remember helping them drag things out the windows and spreading them out on the lawn to dry, but most of it had to be tossed. 

You can't save ribbon or cardstock that's been sitting in muddy water.  So we've been asked to include some ribbon in our cards to help Ashley replace her lost supplies.   Cindy asked us to wrap some ribbon around the card and send it to Ashley, well I took what she said and used a piece of a cereal box and wove my ribbon around it to use as the background for the card front.  I really didn't want to adhere it permanently so I went through my stash and found this binder clip.  It's not your ordinary binder clip as there is a round black plastic disk under the stamped motif.  I just used the clip to hold the ribbon panel against the card and decorated it. 


I saw how Leann Pugliese used this stamp from Punch Bunch.  This used the Black Magic with a twist technique.  I love the way this image turns out when you add the blended pencil.  


So, Ashley will be able to use the clip again and to use all that ribbon that is wrapped around. 

I missed the tea party last week being involved with too many things around here, so if you want to see last week's gallery click here.  For this week's gallery click here.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the stamp and punch! and your patience with the weaving...wow! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just tickles me! Giggle! Wowza....that a wonderful card! When I said bring ribbon, you said OKAY! Ha! I love this Lorraine, you are so darned creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun and imaginative way of presenting ribbon. I'm still trying to work out how you wrapped it around - I can't get it to look that neat even when I'm using tape to fix it.
    Wouldn't you just love to feel those felt cups, they must be marvellously tactile.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.