Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 63

Sunday morning HWNSNBP and I went for a walk.  It was a beautiful morning - crisp and cool.  And when we returned I decided to do a little weeding by the mailbox.  It really needed it.  While I was weeding I came across this

It was like finding a little jewel.
How perfect it was that this week's teapot should look like this








Look at all those ladybugs!   I haven't seen so many ladybugs since Rachel's sororiety days in college.  I think I tapped out on every ladybug tchotcke there was.  And I just knew that I had a plethora of ladybug stamps to choose from. 

Sadly, after spending a good 1/2 hour looking for the one particular stamp that I wanted to use, I couldn't find it.  It was an Outlines stamp.  I know it'll show up sooner or later, I'm just sorry it wasn't sooner. 

Cindy asked us to bring lots of ladybugs to the tea party this week.  To get the whole story you must visit her glob.  You must go there and read the poem she wrote and check out the card she made.  Superb!!!


So I'm copping out with an excuse today.  I do have a card, but I'm not particularly happy with it.  So let me let you decide.   What do you think?


The ladybugs and swirls are called Bits and Pieces from sets 2 and 6.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the flower is from the Bigz Daisy die.  The center of the flower is a corduroy brad in Summer Sun.  The flowered ribbon is from the $ bin at Mike's. 

My house is chaos right now.  Well, more than usual.  We are having a bathroom redone and today was demolition day in addition to our first day back to school with the staff.  We did our usual hotdog luncheon for the staff and it went well, however, there are so many "I needs" on the first day it sets your head spinning.

Creating and taking part in a challenge really helps to take your mind off things.  You have to refocus and that is a good thing. 

4 comments:

  1. Honestly girl, your photography skills are second to none! What an awesome picture! And by the way, are you crazy? Your card rocks! I simply love it! The little daisey is perfect with your fun little lady bugs.....loved your card.

    Hang in there through your remodeling. Just keep thinking how nice it will be to have a brand new room....that will get you through it! hee!

    Did any of those staff members tell you they need pencils? Was it fun to say...

    Pencils? Yes! We have pencils! Snort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lady bugs but every woman does. I have lots of cliparts of lady bugs, but never use them. dumb dumb dumb

    The card is perfect and the best way to maintain perfection is to KNOW WHEN TO STOP. ME? I'd probably cut out one of the lady bugs from the paper and use a pop-dot to put one on the flower, but I never know when to stop.

    I read the words SORORITY where your daughter is concerned and had to do a double take. I thought you said SOBRIETY.

    gotta get my eyes checked when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...my first thought was, "Oh I LOVE the cute lady bugs!!"
    So there you go! This Kiwi thinks it's cute!
    Sunshine NZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thought before reading, what a cute card - love lady bugs and adorable daisy too! Was shocked you didn't like this one - its a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.