Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Inktober/Scribble Picnic

I'm including my Scribble Picnic Chicken in this post introducing my Inktober for 2018.  (Picnicker's - if you want to scroll to the end, feel free.)  

I was reading a post on a blog recently where the author had done a review of a product called Zen Pink Pig Sketchbooks.  The review was good and those pigs on the inside tissue liner were a big selling point for me.  Don't they look like they're flying?  So I partook of some retail therapy and ordered myself this little sketchbook with a royal blue handmade paper-covered cover from Amazon and it came just in time for me to use for Inktober as there are more than enough sheets in there for the entire month.  



I'm not committing to following the prompts for Inktober.  It's nice to have them, but I'm choosing to be flexible about it.  If an idea comes easy enough for the prompt I'll use it, otherwise I'm going to rely on whatever comes easily to me.  

On Day 1 I made reference to some of the names that are currently flying around about October.  The tv weatherman that we watch has also given it the moniker of Warmtober because we're experiencing unusually warm temps.  


Day 2 - Tranquil
We probably did our last fishing from the dock last Saturday and the water there was the inspiration for this.  Even though there are people around us, there is a tranquility in standing with the fishing rod in your hand, the light wind blowing in your face, and watching the bobber pitch and bob with the waves.  It's almost mesmerizing to see the fractals the water makes.  I'll miss it until next summer.   


Day 3 - Roasted.
So this is where I married the challenges of Scribble Picnic Chicken and Inktober Roasted.  I suppose I could have drawn a chicken on a spit, but this chicken was so pretty that I didn't want to kill her.  Er, him.  Chicken to Rooster to Roasted - reminds me of one of those word games we used to play.  Or you could say that I'm too Chicken to Roast this Rooster.  


Time to head over to the picnic and check out all the other chicks, er CHICKENS.  Won't you join my by clicking here.  The next theme is BOTTLE and is due 10/17.  We'd love to have you play along.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine :) I love your sketches, the Tranquil sea is beautiful! And I love your chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rain. That chicken wandered into the driveway of a friend this summer and she took a picture of it. I loved how it looked against the macadam, but I wondered how it could stand the heat on its feet!

      Delete
  2. Lovely chicken! Good idea on your beautiful Inktober pieces, every day can be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Christine. I'm really trying to avoid that. Being overwhelmed takes the fun out of it.

      Delete
  3. Well you hit home with all of these. I love the "pink" maple trees in October so "Pinktober" says it all. As for the lake ... it makes me sad because we just had to move from our lake to a landlocked location ... not necessarily by choice but for practical reasons. I will miss my lake and the wonderful wildlife and yes, even the solitude of fishing off the pier. And finally, I have been waiting for someone to find a way to use the word "chicken" in the way of "too afraid to try something" ... you are the first and only as far as I know. I was trying to but couldn't think of an easy way to do it ... Congratulations, Lorraine ... you are batting 1000 this week. So good to be back, I have missed all of you at the Picnic.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, it will be nice to have you back. I know you will find new things to enjoy in your new area. It's an adventure finding new places to visit and enjoy. I'm sure you'll have regulars soon.

      Delete
  4. I like all the details on the chicken or is that rooster? honestly, I could never tell the difference between the two. I like colors you've used here.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lissa. I'm not sure either, though I suspect the rooster's tail feathers would be much more dramatic.

      Delete
  5. So much creativity here Lorraine - and that's a gorgeous feathered chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came to the same conclusion on IKtober, having been left less than inspired by a few of the official prompts and questioning my own output as such. GI will do them when the inspiration hits!

    Anyway, your chicken looks lovely, Lorraine. Great job on this and the others too. Keep it up. You are def on a a creative roll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I think some of those prompts are so unique that I would have a very hard time coming up with something and that would be frustrating. Better to just do something in ink each day, right?

      Delete
  7. It's been unusually warm here too! Still haven't got the central heating on a timer yet, just turning it on for half an hour on the rare occasion we need it. I love your watery one - and the chicken made me smile. They remind me of my dad, he loved visiting the ones in the community garden in the care home where he spent his last year or so. The sketchbook was a lovely find - definitely had your name on it. I always admire your discipline and diligence finding time to take on regular challenges like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your post about your dad and the chickens. I think a lot of people only think about plain white chickens but some of them are so wonderfully patterned. As for finding the time...it may seem that way, but it's been making for some very late nights. That's my only regret.

      Delete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.