Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 99

Isn't this just the sweetest little bluebird teapot?  Over the years I have looked and looked at bluebird teapots.  I do have one in my collection and have seen many others, but never this particular one.   That Cindy is like a magician, pulling something new and clever out of her hat every time. 
Well, this week we are to send lot's of birdies to California to help celebrate one of our teapotters' mom's birthday.  Hmmmmm, bluebirds!  Would I happen to have any bluebird stamps?  Not to worry - of course you knew I would.


I think this is one of the very first stamps that I purchased.  These five little birdies represent the five little chicks in our bluebird box as we speak.  Mother bluebird - or Mrs. Blue as we referred to her - has met with foul play and Mr. Blue is left to care for the sweet little things.  I have to report that he is being very diligent and they seem to be thriving.  We can only hope that they grow up to look like these quints hanging out on the branch. 

The stamp is an Anita's stamp and the sentiment comes from Vintage Labels.  I used my Nesties Labels 10 to highlight the image.  It was watercolored with ink and my aquapainter in Ballet Blue, Cameo Coral, Close to Cocoa and Bashful Blue.  I also used a dauber to add some more Bashful Blue to the surrounding sky. 

The base card is Cameo Coral with a panel of Bashful Blue DSP.  I added some punched lace acrose the top and some Bashful Blue satin ribbon at the sides.  The half pearl comes from SU's Pretties Kit.  The image is popped up on dimensionals.

Now to wish Clyndago's mom a happy 75th birthday and check out all the other birdie cards in the gallery.  Something tells me I'll be back to this challenge again this week!

1 comment:

  1. An Anita's stamp? I've heard of the brand, they've been around here for a long time, but I don't remember ever seeing that one. Have to go and get more bird seed today - it's still going down at quite a rate even with berries starting to appear on some of the trees.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.