Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Teapot Tuesday 97

Our guest hostess Bonnie (aka lovelightand peace) brings us this lovely teapot and a story about dragonflies.


We are to show Darla and Dingle Berry Dragonfly pretty things.  Well I just so happened to be working on some birthday cards for June birthdays and I thought these would fit in nicely.  (Of course I did not realize that butterflies would eat dragonflies, so let's assume these butterflies are moths!)


I used the Black Magic with a Twist Technique and the Watercolor Trio stamp set.  SU's watercolor pencils work spectacularly with this technique.

For this next card I found a dragonfly stamp I had bought from a clearance bin somewhere sometime ago and stamped it in Stazon onto Vellum cs.  I added some white gel pen to the body and used my Gold Shimmer paint to illuminate the wings. 

The colors really pop off the black paper and I don't know if you can tell that by the pictures - it is hard to photograph black cardstock and get the depth of color.

Okay, now which card for which birthday?   Hmmmm. 

3 comments:

  1. It looks to me as if you've captured the vibrant colours and strong contrast perfectly - makes me think of old lacquered furniture. And the vellum dragonfly - that's an inspired idea. I've got various butterfly/bee stickers with vellum wings, but I'd never have thought of stamping on it. It gives the perfect ephemeral look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not a June birthday, but I'd LOVE one in November ;) Gorgeous Lorraine - you'd make Karen so very proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful teapot and such a beautiful card. I always love to see your teapot interpretations.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.