Before I do anything else today, and believe me, as dreary as it is it will be hard to tear myself away from this computer and actually do something, I have been putting something off that needs attention.
I have been tagged - not once, not twice, but three times and I have been neglectful in acknowledging it. Not because I don't appreciate it, because I do. As you see, tagging is meant to bring new readership to your blog, which is not to say that I don't appreciate the readership that I have now, because I know you're out there even if you don't leave me comments (ha!).
How do I know that? Well, if you look at my left column and find the little logo that has numbers in it, it shows the number of visits to my blog and if I click on it it will take me to a place that has a map that shows where my visitors are from. I have to say that I'm just as thrilled to see visitors from New Jersey as I am to see them from the far reaches of North America and the other five continents that have provided me visitors (I haven't had any visitors from Antarctica - yet!).
It's fun to see how far my words and works have gone and I've met some pretty interesting people already through this blog including Lettie from Polka Dot Pineapple who tagged me this summer and told me it was okay to take my time passing the tag, and Ashley from Heart Hugs who said the same, and most recently by Cindy Motherway from This is My Story who would understand if I waited longer, I'm sure, but guess what - today is the day I will do my tagging.
But if you and they don't mind, I will combine the requirements so as not to bore you all to death with "interesting facts" you don't know about me.
1. My first trip to the emergency room as a child was because I stuck a screw up my nose. (And if I hear anything about that in public from my friends I will simply tell everyone that you are delusional.)
2. I took dancing lessons with my sisters for 10 years and danced for the soldiers at Fort Dix when I was 16 and had a "costume malfunction" long before the Jackson/Timberlake debacle.
3. I was nominated for Homecoming Queen but didn't make the finals by one vote, which turned out to be the vote of my youngest sister who "didn't think that she was allowed to vote for me because we were related". (I don't think she has voted in an election since, although I don't quite know why as she has not been related to any candidates.)
4. I was asked to do a TV commercial for a continuing education institution but my employer would not let me and no, it wasn't because they heard about the Fort Dix thing, there was some kind of company rule.
5. I like show tunes - well who could have taken dancing lessons for 10 years and not liked show tunes. Actually, there's only a few music genre's that I don't enjoy.
6. I can recite the names of all 50 states in alphabetical order in less than 60 seconds by heart. (I had to find some other useless talent after I gave up dancing.)
7. I......... I............I lost interest in myself. Go look at these blogs that I have found recently. I'm not going to tell you about them because I want you to go there and see for yourself. The subject matter is varied so you are bound to be entertained and might even find a favorite or two:
Debbie at I Need a Martini Mom
Katherine at Yellow Rose Arbor
Hey Harriet at Hey Harriet
Laurraine at Patchwork Pottery
Lori at Stamp Some Smiles
Jak at Crafters Kitchen
Joanne at Mainly Flowers
I'm going to mix things up a little here with the rules. I'm not going to tell them they've been tagged - I want you to. I want you to visit these blogs and if you like what you see there, leave a comment and tell them that I sent you!