Monday, September 8, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 9/8

Note to self: do not take photographs with a manilla folder background. Ugh. What it does to the colors.......

The colors for the INKredible Color Challenge this week were: Green Galore, Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue, and Tempting Turquoise. I know I've already used Snow Swirled in a challenge, but it was just sitting there, tempting me, so I went for it.

This is a free standing pop up card, and if you click here you'll find a very good tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers.

There were five punches used on this - the Key Tag punch, the 1/2", 1 1/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches, and the corner rounder punch. The ornaments on the tree are popped up with dimensionals. When making this card, you have to keep in mind how dimensional you want the pop up part to be as it has to fit through the slit that you will be cutting. I would have liked to pop the tree off the background, but my slit was two narrow for two popped layers.

I really wish you could see this one in person because the colors are so much more captivating in real life. Will this be my (our) Christmas card this year? Hmmmm, maybe........

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Lorraine, MAYBE this is one of our TT funky cards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind like what the manila did to the colors...makes them funky.
    Sorry your not coming to VB...hoping to meet you.
    Hugs Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.