Monday, September 1, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 9/1

There are three new stamp sets used for this card and one old wheel. I needed a sympathy card and I'm not quite sure that these colors are the best choice, but I do like how it came out.

The colors for this week are Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Pumpkin Pie. I did add Very Vanilla cs but I think that it's okay to add a neutral color when doing the challenges.

The card base is Choc. Chip, and the Pumpkin Pie Background is stamped in Pumpkin Pie with the Watercolor Vine wheel.

The openings are punched out with the 1 3/8" square punch on the PP layer and with the 1 1/4" punch on the OO layer. The message from Always in My Thoughts and florals from Pocket Silhouettes are stamped onto Very Vanilla with Choc. Chip ink. The butterfly comes from the Dreams du Jour set.

The ribbon is 5/8" OO grosgrain.

I would use this layout again in other color combinations. There is a bit of measuring involved in lining up the openings but it's not that hard.

The card is meant for the family of the interim principal we had this summer. His mother-in-law passed away peacefully last Wednesday at the age of 89.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this layout! It really came together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so beautiful. I love the Autumn colors.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.