Tuesday, September 23, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 9-22

Well, for the last several, no few, well all right, all the color challenges so far I've done a card. It was time to try for something else. And, may I say, just in time to celebrate my Mother's birthday. This box/bag pattern was featured in the Demo Forum on Splitcoast for last Friday's 3-D challenge. Here is a link to Lauren Meader's blog with the tutorial. She came up with this pattern because she, as I do not yet have a Big Shot (shhhh, don't tell HWNSNBP, but it's bound to happen soon) and cannot make the cute little baskets with the SU exclusive die YET! (Please let the grammar gods forgive me for that sentence!)

We were to use Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, and Pumpkin Pie in our project this week. I decided to get out yet another new stamp set - Kindred Spirits along with the butterfly from Dreams du Jour, and the sentiment on the tag from Always in My Thoughts. I bent the rules a little and added just a smidge of Chocolate Chip for the stems of the flower spray.

I had to show you a close up of the tag and the ribbon. This is what happens to grosgrain ribbon when you pull it apart. You just don't pull willy nilly, there is a method to it. Here's how I did it. I cut two inch pieces of 1/4" grosgrain (apricot, blue, and pumpkin) and I tied them together in the center with a length of gold metallic stretch cord. Then carefully, with my snips, cut the vertical edge off one side of the ribbon towards the center - one piece at a time. Then you can pull the threads away from each other until you just have the other vertical piece with all the excess horizontal threads which you will cut off and discard. There are about 12 pieces of ribbon in this puff. Let me say here that this does take a little time to do, so keep that in mind.


One last thing, if you look closely............ very closely.................. at the tissue paper, you will see that I stamped butterflies on the tissue.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lorraine. Love the ribbon technique. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, I like the ribbon effect, I'll have to remember that one

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.