Friday, August 2, 2024

ICAD - to 61 and the End of Another Year

One more year in the books = 11 years total.  It was a little challenging this year with some traveling and family time, but I made it to the end and I'm pretty pleased with most of the results.  Remember, these are all on plain 4x6" index cards and not on any kind of specialty material.  It makes it easy to have a stack of cards ready and in the end, they're pretty easy to store in this format.  So here you have the last five days and a roundup of both June and July separately.

Day 57/61 - Garden
Micron, watercolor pencils, and white gel pen.  Tangle for the flowers is Field of Flowers by Melinda Barlow CZT.  (This might be my favorite.)


Day 58/71 - Tessellation
I drew a 1/2" pencil grid and did this all in Micron.  I decided not to do any shading.


Day 59/61 - Circle
PaperMate InkJoy Brights Gel Pens on 1 1/2" round kraft stickers.  (I bought a roll of 500, so I have to find some uses for them.)


Day 60/61 - Planetarium (Off Prompt)
Imagine looking up through that lens into the universe....... maybe?  Micron and watercolor pencils.


Day 61/61 - Diorama (Off Prompt - though I did try to use a pattern that would try to look like you were looking through something.)  Micron and watercolor pencils.  Tangle is Ellipse by Hennie Brauwer. 
 (If you really want to see a great index card diorama please visit my blogging buddy Lauren at All the Good Blog Names Were Taken.


I have put all my cards on the floor in the past, but I'm not doing that bending so I had to resort to putting them one month at a time on our square coffee table at the condo - thus the interference in the background under the glass top.

June 2024


July 2024


I see that I fell back on tangling quite a bit with these but I'm okay with that because I'm satisfied with the results.  I also see that I basically use the same materials, and that's mainly due to what I can easily carry back and forth on the weekends when we go to the condo, or when we're not at home and visiting family.  It's good to have a to-go kit of the basics like a couple of Microns, pencils, waterbrush, eraser, glue, etc.  Then when picking the color medium, it's based on what I can transport easily.  In some ways, it's limiting myself because I have a LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT of stuff to choose from.  I should probably make it a goal next year to be more varied with my choices when I know I'm going to be home during the week.  Someone out there will remind me...........right?  

Let me finish by saying thank you for the encouragement and the comments during this and really all of the challenges that I've shared.  It's always nice to see that what I've created not only pleases me, but it pleases others too.

PS - I came back to add that I'm going to take some time to catch up on my blogging buddies' blogs and to clean out my email accounts which always seem to multiply exponentially.  

5 comments:

  1. I hear you on email cleanup -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like the garden one too. The pac man stands out in the group photos, but I guess that's the black background.
    As always, I admire your dedication and commitment to seeing these challenges through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to see them all together - another way to appreciate the volume you created. You're creating a real library of designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible collection to look through for years to come. They are all just amazing. I see a couple on this last round that I might be using upcoming Sundays in my Bible journal.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.