Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Jingle Belles - Peace on Earth Day

I think I must say this every year, but this is one of my favorite Jingle Belles challenges.  Goodness knows I have a plethora of items that I know most think I'm crazy for saving.  But sometimes there are just such pretty or unusual wrappings or packaging that I feel need at least a second chance at life.

So when I ventured up to the stamp cave, I did have to settle for what was within arms reach, but I didn't come up empty handed.  Instead, I found enough bits and bobs to put together three cards for this challenge.  

This first one uses a tag (Rudolph) from a notepad that I had bought as a Christmas present for one of the grandsons.  I layered it onto the red rectangle and that onto the printed rectangle that both came from a box of Christmas tea.  (The print was actually in the inside of the box.)  There were a couple of pieces of paper doily in the scrap box that fit on each end and I added a microbeaded wreath sticker.  I chose the turquoise card base to pick up the color from the tag.


The next two cards have motifs that were cut from cards that we had received.  The church scene had a silver frame and I found a gift bag in the dark blue with silver stars that I thought would be good to mount it on.  The "peace" sentiment was diecut from the silver insert of an envelope.  It's hard to see that those silver snowflakes are metallic on the backing, and the ones surrounding the church are glitter.


I saved this trio of trees from another card and mounted them on a strip of flat gold paper that I think came from the inside of a candy box.  Put that on a shiny gold card base and added some jewel sticker strips above and below.  The gold-edged mini green ribbon is a scrap found in the ribbon scrap bag.  Funny how the picture makes the card base look flat and gives more of a shine to the flat paper.  That's not a smudge at the bottom, just a light reflection.  


Now I have to chose which one of these to post on the JB blog because I put them all in the same post - I guess you'll have to click here to see which one I decided on.

Three cards doesn't yet catch me up on the challenges I missed over the last month, but that may happen over the next month or so as I'm getting more and more mobile.  

4 comments:

  1. I say it every year too, but I love DOING this challenge and I especially love seeing what YOU will do... and as usual, you do not disappoint! Three awesome cards that are nearly ALL recycled items?! Impressive and Awesome! (I love the reindeer, particularly; and the flared doily portions that frame him!) So happy you've joined our Earth Day Celebration at Jingle Belles! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised that something with an upcycling/recycling theme would be a favourite with you. You have a real flair for not just seeing the potential of all those saved oddments but also realising it. The middle one is my favourite, but I think that jewelled border is a perfect pairing with the baubles on those rescued trees .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, you rocked all three ... you not only know what to save, but how to find it the best new home ... so very glad you celebrated Earth Day with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.