Thursday, April 25, 2024

Trips and Treats

HWNSNBP wanted to go check out a new saw at his current favorite power tool store and used that opportunity to invite me to accompany him so we could continue down the road and visit the new location of Hens & Honey Coffee Shop in Swedesboro.  I have to admit that it was more of a drive than I should have taken, but the little stiffness that I got from sitting so long in the car was worth the lunch.  

He had the Enchanted Unicorn Vanilla Frappe and I had the Mirrorball Cookies and Cream Frappe. 


We shared one of their new menu items - a cream cheese board.  There were 5 different flavored cheeses, bagels and crackers to schmeer, fresh fruit, and nuts.  One of the cheeses (cinnamon) had some of their honey drizzled on it.  




I must admit that us old fogey's did ask for utensils to help with the schmeering.  But we cleaned the whole board off.


I had to get a picture of this little nook that they had set up.  We were there close to closing so the place wasn't that busy which is probably why this was empty.


That's a decorated piano or facsimile hanging from the ceiling and there were flowers everywhere.  I missed the Taylor Swift dedicated corner but have seen pictures of it and it's pretty cool even if we're not Swifties.


And one corner near where we sat had this mossy mushroom wall that I thought was pretty cool.


I really liked the idea of a cream cheese board for lunch or for a future party perhaps.  It may be a while before we get there again to try some more of their new menu.


Another trip later that week was to the condo and Anna Banana's Bakery where they were celebrating Wizards Week again.  HWNSNBP finally got to try their cheese danish (he's always on the lookout for a good cheese danish) and I got.............


a ButtaBeer and...........


a sorting hat cupcake. 


This time the center was red making me a member of Gryffindor.


We stayed overnight at the condo and headed home mid-day the next day.  I am thankful that our car has heated seats which really felt good on my back and helped me to sleep almost the whole way home making me less stiff when we got there.

Sorry, this posted without the write-up - I guess I set the date wrong.

2 comments:

  1. That cheeseboard looks and sounds delicious. And the frappés and Butta Beer. I have to admit that a cheese danish would probably appeal to me more than the cupcake which looks very rich - and no doubt, very tasty. I'm glad the heated seat gave you some relief with the longer travelling.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.