Sunday, March 10, 2024

Happy 70th Birthday HWNSNBP

One of the things that I made sure to take care of before my surgery was to get this card done for HWNSNBP's big 70th.  I tried to include some of the things that have brought him happiness over the years - the black and white striped paper refers to all the years that he spent as a basketball official, something he loved to do and only gave up after Covid hit.  The basketball paper attributes to that also, but also to his love of playing the game, whether as a player, spectator, or as a coach.  The fish refer to his love of fishing which continues each summer and hopefully he'll get back to some freshwater fishing this year. The woodgrain paper refers to his newfound love of woodworking on big projects.  I could have included more of what he loves, but there's only so much you can fit in one space, as I try to remind him of what he tries to fit into his days, always wanting to get more done.  Hopefully he'll stop hemming and hawing about retiring so he can get those other things into his daily schedule.  



I am so lucky to have him here to be taking care of me as I recuperate and regret that I don't get to give him the proper celebration that he deserves for reaching such a monumental birthday.   

Happy Birthday my love.  And many, many more!

4 comments:

  1. That card is a great tribute to all his interests. I hope he has a great celebration - and I'm sure he's happy to be caring for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 70th to your hubby, a special card indeed! All the best as you recuperate Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (albeit now very much belated!) birth day wishes to your hubby. I think we're both pretty blessed with the husbands we chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you are very lucky to have him. Cherish every moment and take lots of pictures. I'm so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.