Thursday, March 7, 2024

Flying Pig Day Clarification

It came to my attention last week that currently the official Flying Pig Day is actually September 9th and not March1st as I have become accustomed to celebrating it.  In my defense I have to say that I started celebrating Flying Pig Day prior to 2009 and if you want to read the story behind it you can click here. Unbeknownst to me someone actually made the effort in 2020 to make it an official holiday to be celebrated on September 9th because that's the day they got married and they thought that they never would (and this does not refer to friends of ours who actually did get married on September 9th in the 70's).  I will just say that I will continue to use March 1st as Flying Pig Day and hope that my "Pig Ladies" don't mind sticking to that date.  

2 comments:

  1. How the years fly by 2009 is already a long time ago -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see why you can't celebrate two flying pig days? After all, there's never too much of a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.