Saturday, December 16, 2023

What Can You do With a Bell?

Found these little wooden bell shapes in $Tree and saw an idea posted somewhere to make them into little gnome ornaments, so of course you know I had to give it a whirl.


I painted the body of the bell red, the clapper a light fleshtone, and the hanger white.  Both sides.


Added some faux beard fur and a metallic cord hanger to finish them up. (The fur is what I looked for for 2 days before ordering again and then finding it an hour after I placed the order.  Thank goodness for returns.  I still have several sheets from the original package to use up!)


I'll have some to gift and some to hang on my lemon tree with the triangle gnomes I made last year.


My dining room table is currently overflowing with "ideas" as I'm simultaneously trying to get the house in order.  The trees are up and decorated.  Well, the lemon tree isn't yet, but I'll get to that today hopefully.  There always seems to be more to put away each year....... things that I don't mind having out like books and craft supplies that seem to multiply but need to be hidden away to make the place presentable.  And therein lies the problem of remembering where such things have been hidden.  Yes, I have a craft room, but that's upstairs and I keep a lot of stuff downstairs so I don't have to climb those stairs so it's my own fault.  

We finally were able to find the cinnamon candies I use to make my marshmallows so that will be put on the agenda for either tomorrow or early this week.  I have one cookie recipe that I want to try that uses a cake mix and a container of Cool Whip which I have waiting in the wings.  Whether I get to make any other cookies is left to be decided.  My kids don't particularly like to have a lot of sweets around for the little guys contrary to what they had growing up which was a smorgasbord of holiday cookies and candies, so we've really cut back on that aspect with just a couple of special things.  It makes it easier with less preparation but more difficult in the choice of what to make.  We all have different favorites.  

So I'll close with a question - what's your favorite Christmas/holiday treat?

6 comments:

  1. So clever. You are great at visualising possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little bell/gnome is just adorable! I wish I could cut down on the cookie-making, although this year I've been pretty good about "just saying no" to them! I do admit that my favorite are Russian teacakes--or snowballs, as some people call them. When I was little, I asked my grandmother what the were and I thought she said "Brush Your Teeth cakes"! LOL! They're melt-in-your mouth yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wee gnomes are so cute! They'd be great on a card too, although might require extra postage to send.
    Holiday treats for me would have to include shortbread and some of our homemade chocolates. I can remember as a kid being horrified at the thought of eating something that was basically flour, butter and icing sugar but now I'm glad I recognize the deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.