Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Is it a Cake or is it a Card

I used the wing from a bird punch to make a stencil for a flame and spaced them out on my base so that 10 would fit on each.  There were going to be 7 sections for this part.


After I traced them all, I fussy cut around all the flames leaving them connected at the bases.


Color was added with paint pens to make the flames look like flames.


I chose 5 different shades of yellow for the candles..........see where I'm going now? ........ and left a little extra space on one end to make an attachment flap.


There had to be 2 more panels.  One for the front and one for the back.  I cut out the letters from yet another shade of yellow and added some wonky line work.  I had to add some faux sprinkles to the O to hide some errant glue spots, but I think it added a little interest.




I couldn't get the entire card as it was open in a picture but hope that you can see it accordian style here.


This is for a friend who turned 70 recently and contained the message not to use real candles as he might burn the house down with that many - these would be safer (one would hope).

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will make a great display opened out! I'm not surprised you couldn't fit it in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! Must have taken awhile to create but I'm sure it was much appreciated by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant. Your friend should feel honored to get such a creative card.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.