Sunday, December 24, 2023

Pre-Christmas Treats

I wanted to visit Hens & Honey before the end of December to be able to try their Grouch Flight so HWNSNBP made an adjustment to his work schedule and we headed out to our destination lunch on a Friday a couple of weeks ago.  We had a delicious artisan toast lunch and shared this treat.  When the box is delivered to your table, each one has different Grinch-related treat. We got a bookmark that we passed on to GS1.


On the way home this car was in front of us on the highway for a while.  I don't think I've ever seen one decorated like this.


The following week, we made another destination lunch trip to the Flying Pig Tavern.  I remembered that the waitress that we had during our visit there in the summer told us that at Christmas their tree was decorated with flying pigs, so you know I wanted to check that out in person.  


This was a small Christmas tree they had in a corner with a few pigs on it.


Their main tree had more pigs on it, but it was a little difficult to photograph with the sun where it was at the time.  



I had brought a flying pig solar dancer (I still have a few in my stash from a few years ago) to add to their flying pig collection.  The waitress was the same one we had before and she remembered us once we got to talking and called the owner over to show him what we brought.  Even though we were already done with our lunch and had just paid the bill, he insisted that we choose dessert on the house and we opted for the salted caramel apple pie tartlet which was definitely a nice treat.


I've been busy trying to pull some last minute projects together and getting ready for family to visit and have once again found myself without the time to complete some of the things that I wanted to try but I'm glad that we made the time for these two excursions.  There is still one more new place that I want to visit and maybe we'll get there next week.  

It seems, although I try to stay ahead with my Christmas card creations and usually do, there is an onslaught of new ideas that hit the "airwaves" in November and December and I find myself wanting to try some of them out.  I did manage to get those little bell gnomes done and I have a couple other things that I'll be posting after Christmas, but I also have lots of ideas (along with some purchased supplies) that I did not get to.  I will have to refocus for next year and be like my blogging friend MaryAnne who adds to her Christmas box year round instead of putting things off until the fall.  

6 comments:

  1. That apple tartlet looks amazing and must have been very tasty. The Grouch Flight sounds like something tailor-made for my DH. The Grouch gingerbread drink sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grinch so would have liked that place! So glad you got to pay a return visit to the Flying Pig to see their Christmas display too. I know you hoped to do that.
    And yes, my infamous Christmas box that already has some ideas ready to be added once I get some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dessert looks delicious! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, and the food looks very yummy! The tree with the flying pigs is a cool idea, I might try something like that next year! I remember the little solar flying pig, sadly mine doesn't fly anymore:-( Not sure why, but I still have him as he is so cute! Have a fabulous New Year!
    Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your photos of where you have been! Love the Flying Pig tree, what a cool idea! I remember those solar power flying pigs, sadly mine stopped flying:-( I still have him though, as he is so cute! The food looks very yummy! Have a happy New Year! Hope you got my Christmas card I sent!
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Flying Pig sounds like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing your visit. Now I'm craving salted caramel.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.